The Heart of a Woman Project (THOAW) was founded by Andrea Rees, a professional photographer based in Toronto, Canada. THOAW partners with non-profit organizations that focus on women’s empowerment and poverty alleviation.
It aims is to empower women to have a voice, access to Internet, a creative outlet and an opportunity to generate income through the sales of photographic art products or photo-based campaigns.
- storytelling/journalism through mobile photography
- digital literacy (Internet access and social media)
- mobile photography & digital literacy for youth (9-15 years)
- income generation
Project: South Africa
Incase you missed it:
- The Heart of a Woman Project in South Africa turns two and a ‘Mandela Monday Hero’.
- The Heart of a Woman Project in South Africa is One!